Thursday, March 10, 2011

Conehead

Miss Sophie FINALLY made it to the vet to be spayed.

Of course she has now become a cone head yes just like the movie



Koda and I dropped her off on Monday morning, I wasn't told that she was going to be spending the night. I wasn't very impressed by the lack of information and felt bad that I didn't bring anything for her. I would have appreciated knowing and being able to bring her regular food, and her blanket.





I'm sure that she felt abandoned overnight but she was very happy to see us all the next day. She doesn't seem to be feeling sore although wearing the cone most of the time really bugs her. She has also been waking me up at night by banging the cone against my face and wanting me to rub her. It means I have a serious lack of sleep this week but at least she feels better.


Lucky for her big brother Koda has been through it already and knows just how to help her out!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know everything went well!
    Sophie will be like new in no time!
    Sure Koda is taking good care of her!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...poor sweetie! Honey hated having that cone too (after her spay) - was so depressed!

    I"m afraid I'm not much help with the barking problem as we've been lucky that Honey has always been a quiet dog - in fact, I actually had to teach her & encourage her to bark when strangers came to the door! :-) One reason I chose Danes was because they are not known for excessive barking - as I really can't stand noisy dogs!

    However, I have heard many trainers say that one way to deal with barking is to actually teach them to bark on cue. Sounds crazy, I know, but apparently when you can get the behaviour on cue, then you're able to shut them up on cue too. Haven't tried it myself but many top trainers swear by it. Have a look on Dr Ian Dunbar's site (Dog Star Daily) - he has some articles on it under the training section.

    Good luck!
    Hsin-Yi

    ReplyDelete