Friday, December 17, 2010

Training Time

I made a video so that everyone could see just how funny Sophie and Koda are while doing tricks. I had to voice over the video since my cheap camera doesn't have sound. I do add commands during Koda's tricks but he actually is responding to my hand signals. I will get someone to tape us sometime soon, so that you can see how he responds. If anyone has tips for Sophie they would be greatly appreciated. I would love to expand on her obedience to all my commands not just when she feels like it.

1 comment:

  1. Heehee! They sure are different!

    Now, my mom's not an expert but she's wondering if Sophie may need a higher rate of reward than Koda. When I'm first learning a trick (or until I have it down really, really good), my mom pays REALLY well. And for each step in the trick, she gives me a treat until I know it real good. THEN she goes on to the next step in the trick. Does that make sense? Mom says dogs are like people. All of us wanna get paid for the work we do but some of us demand a higher salary. BOL!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete