Friday, April 15, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Yesterday was a very exciting day for me as I got back in the saddle...actually for the first time in three years. I haven't ridden since my parents sold our horses when I went away to university, I rode my favourite horse Momma for one last time. It felt great to get back up and moving although I'm a little rusty. Basically, I recently found a stable right near my house, well about 20 minutes away and contacted to ask if I could become a working student. I'm hoping to ride about every two weeks and then work it off by helping around the stables. Since this stables also runs a breeding program I'm excited to be helping out with all the little foals once spring fully rolls around. I'm also one of those people who doesn't mind cleaning out stalls either so this arrangement is perfect for me. I wasn't able to get any pictures of their horses though but I will be sure to include some in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment