Sunday, January 23, 2011

Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie is quite unlike most dogs I have owned in my life. I often wonder who signed us up for this little dog. But for all her issues we love her and could never give her up.


She now appears to be unspayable. I previously posted about Sophie going to be spayed next week however after her trip to the groomer I noticed the signs of her having a heat cycle. I cancelled the spay app. and made a new one for the middle of February. I'm not sure how far along her heat cycle is however I did realize that only two months have passed since her last one. Meaning that she has now had 3 heat cycles within the past 6 months. I have heard of dogs having long periods of time between heat cycles but never heat cycles so often. I am going to be watching her to see if she is able to go in to be spayed at her next app. hopefully she is and then I will not have to worry any further.
Has anyone else ever heard of heat cycles occuring so often?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I don't have a good advice for you.
    I had only one heat cycle which lasted around 40 days... and soon after that I was spayed.
    I guess the Vet could give you a better idea.
    Take care
    Happy Sunday!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom tooks me to da V-E-T very early so I never experienced a heat cycle. I sure hopes dat everything works out fur Sophie. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sophie! You're just like most divas - doin' things your own way! I'm sorry...me and mom don't know anything to help you but I hope you all get it figured out.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete