Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Adoption Weekend

We had a great time last weekend helping our humane society with their adoption weekend at petsmart. We petted the cats and walked the dogs. And even witnessed two adoptions! It was very hard to leave all the animals at the end. My little sister really bonded with the two dogs we helped with.


Molly, a 7m old lab mix


And


Lelo, a 3yr old Miniature Pinscher
They both needed work with children and she did great letting them lead the interactions. She respected their space yet encouraged them to bond with her. We have will definitely be volunteering for the next adoption weekend and trying to make a trip to the humane society to help more animals.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your sister has just as big a heart for the furries as you do! I think it's Most Wonderful that you're giving your time to helps animals find their furever homes!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is wonderful and so great that you volunteered!
    I am hoping to attend more adoption events myself this year and I am so happy when others do as well!

    ReplyDelete