Tuesday, February 7, 2012

In Memory of a Smile

I am going to post today even though I have pre posts up but blogging has become a way for me to get my feelings out.

Yesterday the world lost a wonderful girl and dear friend of mine. We may never know what happened aside from the news reports given out now, which makes my heart break. Korin was driving on the wrong side of the 401 major high way and hit another car. Both girls were killed on impact. I'm glad she didn't suffer. Either of them. My heart hurts for the family of the other girl and for her friends too.

Korin and I attended high school together even though she was two years older she never made it seem like it mattered. We played volleyball together, acted in school plays, and we partied together. Korin always had a smile and a laugh. Both I will miss dearly.


Dear Korin,

When we graduated we didn't see each other everyday anymore but I would like to think our friendship didn't change. I didn't feel as though it did because whenever I saw we caught up and shared some laughs. On new years eve it didn't seem like anything was different. I hope that you knew how much we all enjoyed seeing you and spending time with you. I will always remember you smiling and laughing over a story or a joke or something dumb we did that day. I have a lot of questions for you right now mostly I want to know why and what made you do such a thing. I hope we find answers but even so none of them will bring you back. I hope that you are at peace now and that God know what a great girl he has up there. Please share a smile or two and keep smiling down here on us as we muddle through this. We all have so many memories to look back on and I know we will get through this together. I'll miss you buddy!

4 comments:

  1. Erika, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, especially under such troubling and confusing circumstances. May your memories of her friendship and her smile give you comfort. Thinking about you.... Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. She'll live on through your memories of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Erika, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. She has obviously left a lasting legacy in the lives of the people she touched. I hope you find some answers but more than that, I hope you find peace in your memories.

    Hugs,
    Amber (MayzieMom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always hard to lose someone. We're sending hugs to you.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete